Directs the staff and activities in support of training, utilization, implementation and maintenance of information and other computer systems for the Radiation Medicine Service Line. Designs emergency preparedness procedures for Radiation Medicine and related system failures. Develops and promotes quality and productivity improvements, metrics and clinical standards within the Radiation Medicine Service Line. Manages and provides hardware and software support for internal research and development of clinical or non-clinical applications.
Assists in development of strategic direction for defining business, semantic and technical requirements for reporting analytics, business intelligence, and/or data warehousing solutions. Collaborates with business stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements.
1. Develops and monitors strategic operating goals, objectives and budget; and reports operational performance, justification and/or corrective action.
2. Develops and oversees financial management including budget, salary, capital, and revenue projections.
· Plans and implements training and utilization of clinical and non-clinical resources and supporting systems.
· Designs and plans emergency preparedness procedures for Radiation Medicine systems. Outlines various system failures proper downtime procedures.
· Promotes quality and productivity improvements through the development of improved procedures, process innovations and changes in support the strategic direction of the Radiation Medicine.
· Develops guidelines for internal software testing and implementation protocols. Assists in developing strategic direction and oversight for creating business, semantic and technical requirements for Analytics and Business Intelligence applications. Ensures deployment of scalable analytic, business intelligence, and/or data warehousing solutions, via clinical and technical teams, while leveraging common sets of tools and processes. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand their business needs within the context of available system functionality.
4. Operational Performance:
· Manages service line information services staff; provides support for systems at service lines facilities.
· Acts as point-of-contact with vendors ensuring proper procedures and approvals are followed associated with new equipment installations and decommissions.
· Facilitates movement, addition and subtraction of radiation medicine IT equipment between sites to maximize service line equipment utilization.
· Manages Radiation Oncology site experiences for the upgrade and transitions between existing IT systems and adjoining interfaces.
· Implements crosswalk technology to assist clinical and non-clinical staff access various systems remotely.
· Evaluates potential acquisitions from an IT and clinical perspective.
· Supports the management of Radiation Medicine IT needs and standards for all outpatient sites.
· Provides direction for onsite technical liaisons to perform site specific tasks and collect data needed for future projects.
· Maintains and supports research and development system and upgrades.
· Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
· Builds and maintains productive inter/intra departmental and vendor work relationships to optimize operations.
· Partners with clinical staff to review and approve clinical standards and implement as a standard across the Radiation Medicine Service Line.
· Evaluates the implementation radiation therapy equipment and related systems. Ensures equipment and software are in compliance with Health System standards and meet the needs of the Service Line.
· Implements Electronic Medical Records, software upgrades, treatment planning systems, as well as other related systems.
· Engages with Physics staff to implement software and interfaces of treatment machines and devices.
· Evaluates new research and non-clinical system from vendor for internal hardware and software development and innovations.
· Attends industry fairs and events to stay current with emerging technologies and promote synergy between current systems and future systems.
· Develop software applications or scripts for data analysis for the service line.
6. Special Project and Professional Development
· Updates current development in radiation oncology and its related IT systems.
· Develops prototype codes with high level programming languages (Python, C++, C#, or other scripting languages) for internal software development projects.
· Develops industry standard procedures for software design, code validation, and other testing protocols.
· Manage or advise on internal software development projects.
*ADA Essential Functions
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or IT related fields, required.
Minimum of seven (7) year experience including IT development management in radiation oncology department, required.
Excellent analytical skills required
Strong project management, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills, required.
Knowledge of hardware/software configurations and application integration, required.
Strong technical (programming) skills, required.
Understanding of DICOM, DICOM RT, HL7, IHE and health related standards.
Working knowledge with high level programming languages and scripts.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary offered based on experience and tenure of the applicant
Internal Number: 1
About Northwell Health
Northwell Health (formerly North Shore-LIJ) is a network of 61000 healers and innovators committed to changing health care for the better.