Located in Nashville, Tennessee, andoperating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patientcare, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each daywith the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertisewill be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is aplace where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â issought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part ofsomething that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their workand never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
This is a full-time position with Vanderbilt Medical Center - Quality, Safety and Risk Prevention (QSRP) with comprehensive benefits, collaborative team based environment and an opportunity to make a difference in healthcare.
Your experience should include:
SQL statement skills - stored procedures
Strong communications skills - written and verbal
Report Design - ability to work with clients
Experience designing reports, documenting, interacting with clients
Software testing experience
JOB SUMMARY: Develops and modifies Business intelligence solutions under occasional guidance. Designs data models used for reporting and analytics, develops ETL processes for data, and utilizes BI tools to satisfy end user data needs. Implements small projects or components or large projects. Ability to solve medium to complex problems.
Develops or modifies data models, ETL processes, and BI tool solutions.
Ensures appropriate documentation for all development and modification.
Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TOOLS (NOVICE):- Has successfully used the tool in situations of medium complexity. Occasionally needs assistance from internal technical support in usage of the tool. May have successfully completed in-depth training in core components of the skill. Able to install and upgrade the tool.
DATA MARTS (NOVICE):- Has successfully applied the skill in situations of medium complexity. Occasionally needs assistance from internal technical support in its application, operation or practice. May have successfully completed in-depth training in core components of the skill.
DATA WAREHOUSING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates an understanding of design concepts, data organization, capabilities and limitations. Worked with corporate, as well as local, data warehouse models. Has used at least one of the state-of-the-art data warehouse packages available in practical application of moderate difficulty.
ETL/ETT/ETM TOOLS AND PROCESS (NOVICE):- Uses one or more ETL/ETT/ETM tools and utilities to accomplish appropriate data warehouse tasks under the direction of other team members. Has participated in the process of extracting data from simple operational data sources or external data sources, transforming basic data which includes cleansing, aggregation, summarization, integration, as well as basic transformation, and loading the data into some form of the data warehouse. Has experience with at least one type of data warehouse such as ODS, enterprise data warehouse, data mart. Capable of applying new software features in one or more ETL/ETT/ETM tools or utilities.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.