Christopher House (CH) is searching for a Database Administrator to maximize our investments in software systems used to track outcomes, efforts and demographics that directly support the educational experience of students and families.
With a mission to develop independent, creative, lifelong learners, our infant, preschool, elementary and family schools build a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance, respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for students from birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
* Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
* Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
* Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
* Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
* Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
* Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
* Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
* Developing independent, creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
* Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning; and
* Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
* Ensure data and reports are available and meeting the needs of staff, students, and programs. Support the development of universal information systems and increase long-term capacity to meet agency information system needs.
* Ensure on time and accurate collection of data using organization’s databases, funder databases, and grants management software.
* Analyze data with staff to determine accuracy and completeness of data. Make recommendations for improving quality of services and/or department’s outcomes system. Ensuring quality of outcomes, i.e. data should reflect a continuum of participant’s story.
*Provide in-person, remote, and hands-on support to staff through trainings for users of ECM software and other MIS as needed. Function as liaison between leadership and end-users.
* Manage user accounts. Align and integrate the duties of the users with the needs for internal performance management reporting and external funder reporting.
* Maintain CH’s Student Information Systems (SIS) and Performance Management Software for Education Programs and grants management software.
* Seek and/or obtain training for Impact, COPA, GOLD, EZ Labor, Fiscal, Raisers Edge, and ECM Software.
* Manages information systems design, testing and implementation. Verifies data quality in information systems design, testing and implementation. Documents system(s) requirements and specifications.
* Support, monitor, maintain, and enhance existing information system(s). Proactively think of new ways to implement databases throughout the organization.
* Review all technology contracts for services and make recommendations for cost savings. Redesign systems and/or research and install new systems to more efficiently meet organizations goals and/or ensure cost effectiveness.
* Assist in building system reports and data visuals in accordance with requirements and specifications to meet information needs of the organization including funder reports, outcome reports, staff reports (e.g. PIR), and Raiser’s Edge reports.
* Assist in supporting the Chicago Benchmarking Collaborative (CBC) initiative including onboarding new partners, building new features, cross-agency reports, and supporting/training ECM administrators.
* Actively seek to align programs with best practices or standards for high quality.
* Stay connected and educated about software features and functionalities as well as concepts driving the development of CH’s databases in order to fully maximize databases and enhance staff performance and learning.
* Two years of data administration and reporting experience with medium to large sized organizations, ECM Software preferred;
* Business Intelligence tool experience preferred;
* Experience with data migration and data integration processes;
* Experience with Tableau;
* Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented;
* Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse technology backgrounds
* Strong work ethic coupled with a proactive problem-solving approach;
* A Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or related field is preferred.
Christopher House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal Number: 7739227544
About Christopher House
Christopher House was founded in 1906 during the settlement house movement to support immigrants transitioning to life in America. Today, Christopher House is closing the opportunity gap through a continuum of personalized education with immersive family support starting at birth. We provide resources to thousands of low-income children and their families to succeed in school, the workplace, and life. We partner with families, including teenage and single-parent families, to provide the tools for parents to create and foster stable, self-sufficient families. Christopher House’s ultimate vision is to create a national model for helping low-income, at-risk children and their families achieve success.
We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction. Understanding that stand-alone education interventions are not enough, Christopher House utilizes a family-centered approach that engages parents and care givers in the child’s healthy development and provides opportunities for sustained economic self-sufficiency for the whole family. Christopher House values high expectations and an e...ducational program that leverages arts integration, project-based learning, parent involvement, celebration of diversity, and a commitment to measurable results. These values are the framework of our learning community and extend to students, parents, teachers, and administrators. These values have resulted in educational services that produce significant returns in student achievement and parental involvement.
In the fall of 2013, Christopher House built on its portfolio of early learning schools and expanded this transformative culture into a birth to eighth grade school. The school will create unprecedented collaboration between early childhood and elementary educators as well as family support programs. In addition, it will provide foundational exposure during the earliest years of life to our culture of high expectations and academic excellence.