The Service Enhancement Team (SET) of West Michigan Community Mental Health (WMCMH) facilitates organizational performance improvement and continuous quality improvement, performance management and compliance, system and program evaluation, and outcome analysis and monitoring. The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is responsible for leveraging technical, analytical and data visualization skills within this team and the organization to transform and interpret internal and external data sources to identify meaningful patterns that can help WMCMH leaders ensure continuous improvements to care. The BI Analyst plans executes and monitors business processes to identify analytical requirements and scopes of inquiry by working with key stakeholders. From these, the BI Analyst prepares compelling reports that combine visualizations, data and narratives that can be readily understood, including reports required to fulfill contractual obligations.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Health Informatics, Business Administration with an Information Systems focus, or other computer science/information systems related curriculum. Master’s degree preferred. Any combination of knowledge, skills and experience equivalent to the required level of education will be considered.
2. Experience with structured query language (SQL) in a relational database management environment is required. Specific experience with T-SQL on Microsoft SQL Server is preferred.
3. Experience with data visualization using a business intelligence tool is required. Microsoft PowerBI experience is preferred.
4. Certification in LEAN and/or Six Sigma is desirable.
5. The position incumbent must have at least 1 year of experience in work or academic setting leveraging data modeling using a relational database management system and knowledge of statistical and/or research methodology.
6. Work experience in the health care field.
7. Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation to and from meetings and activities at varying work locations including all agency locations in Lake, Mason, and Oceana Counties.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent Benefits Package- 401a Defined contribution plan, Social Security opt-out, generous PTO, disability and more!
About West Michigan Community Mental Health
West Michigan Community Mental Health’s mission is to partner, coordinate, and provide high quality care for children, adults, and families experiencing mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities and substance use disorders, serving the Mason, Lake, and Oceana Counties.