1) The Data Warehouse Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining reporting solutions. They will participate in all phases of data warehouse and business intelligence solution design and development, including requirements gathering, database design, dimensional modeling, source to target mapping, ETL development, testing and documentation.
2) Design, build and support data warehouse components including: the database, ETL processes, reporting environment and reports.
3) Design dimensional models with conformed dimensions based on business processes.
4) Build and automate ETL processes that include reconciliation and error handling using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
5) Design and build the reporting environment utilizing SAP Business Objects.
6) Enhance existing data warehouses by adding new fields, writing reports, creating dashboards and creating Business Objects filters, measures and objects.
7) Develop processes for capturing and/or maintaining metadata.
8) Gain an in-depth understanding of the Booth business processes and applications and how they affect data and reporting and use this knowledge in the design of the data warehouse and reports.
9) Work with end users to define and document requirements for new and existing data warehouse components and reports.
10) Assist clients with the data warehouse and the creation of Business Objects reports.
11) Perform ETL performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity planning.
12) Gather and analyze performance statistics and recommend options for improvements.
13) Create and maintain system documentation.
1) A solid understanding of data warehouse fundamentals and experience building and supporting data warehouses.
2) Excellent oral and written communications skills.
3) Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
1) At least five years of experience developing and supporting data warehouses.
2) At least three years of work experience with SAP Business Objects is required.
3) At least five years of work experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
4) Experience developing ETL processes, data cleansing, creation of metadata and the use of various reporting tools.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04884
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.