Role Value Proposition:
The Regional Application Development (RAD) group within Global Technology is responsible for developing applications that service the needs of MetLife U.S. business and MetLife customers across the portfolio. The Senior Software Develop Engineer in RAD US will play a supportive part in envisioning, developing, and driving the continuous improvement initiatives that will further advance the Application Development function within the RAD US Organization at MetLife. This role will be anchored in the software development processes, tools, metrics, and skills sets that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions to support our continuous improvement initiatives. In addition sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals and proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required. This is a key role in supporting the U.S. Software Development Technology organization and will work in close collaboration with the Director of Software Engineering Operations.
- Design, develop and implement applications leveraging data assets from internal and external systems and following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated ability to operate using Waterfall methodology
- Analyze, design and code requirements and perform code reviews
- Interface with system designers to design, code, test and implement application programs
- Lead and drive application specifications, write technical documentation and unit tests
- Design and implement applications using CI/CT/CD pipelines and configuration activities
- Collaborate with internal business partners to gather requirements and prototype, architect, implement/update solutions, build and execute test plans
- Perform quality reviews and triage and fix operational issues
- Provides technical and analytical support and guidance to team members.
- Work with onshore and offshore technical resources as needed.