The chosen candidate will work closely with faculty and support staff to support the college’s research administration needs. The ideal candidate will be flexible, creative, a motivated self-starter, collaborative member of the team, enthusiastic, a quick learner and an excellent communicator. Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Business Administration, Finance, or a research-related field; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in research administration in one or more of the research process areas of pre or post award processes, such as regulatory administration; experience in word processing, spreadsheet and database software; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. The job also requires: completion of Essentials of Research Administration at MSU certificate series or equivalent within 1 year of hire.
1. Experience with database management (e.g., Kuali Coeus, Kuali Financial System), analysis, and reporting tools in Business Intelligence, Query Studio, Business Connect, and OPS/CGA
2. Experience working with OSP/CGA, federal, and foundation granting agencies
3. Knowledge of University policies and procedures
4. Experience with departmental budgets and personnel hiring
5. Demonstrated knowledge of academic department culture
6. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office, including Excel and Access, or equivalent
7. Experience interacting with and communicating effectively with faculty members, researchers, administrators, and support staff
Required Application Materials
Cover letter & Resume
Please provide 3 professional references
Bidding Eligibility Ends on 6/25/19 at 11:55 PM
Internal Number: 586544
About Michigan State University
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.