Location: Estancia Corporate Center (UCPG Administration)
2) Provide oversight for the three following areas: Provider Enrollment; make sure providers are enrolled in a timely manner for both the Commercial and Government payers.
3) Ambulatory (CAC/CN) AR and Coding team
4) Physician Coding Services/Revenue Integrity
5) In conjunction with revenue cycle services leadership team and other department leaders, further refine adjudication processes to minimize denials and appeals, optimizing performance and cash collections and reducing days in accounts receivable.
6) Review daily, weekly and month-end reports; identify opportunities for improvement and develop plans to implement necessary changes to meet performance expectations.
7) Continuously monitor and drive towards established financial and operational benchmarks to identify and resolve variances and exceptions, which may affect cash flow.
8) Finance, Practice Plan Revenue Cycle Operations and Reporting
9) Oversee revenue cycle activities impacting billing performance and provide guidance to physician practice sites, clinical departments and Central Business Office staff in order to achieve maximum revenue and customer service
10) Work with Directors and Managers in the Central Billing Office (CBO) and the corporate Analytics Team to measure Revenue Cycle performance, identify areas of improvement, and project manage new initiatives. 11) Enterprise-Wide Project Management Collaborate with Business Intelligence (IT), Revenue Cycle Systems (Epic), Corporate Management, and operational teams to maintain, develop, enhance, and implement reporting tools, metrics, and reports
12) Provide in depth analysis of physician billing and reimbursement to maximize revenue, improve cash flow and enhance financial operations
13) People Lead a team of professional staff with a focus on performance, revenue enhancement, customer service and support
14) Provide leadership that fosters the team to optimize revenue opportunities and customer support
15) Accountable for the performance and results of a team providing technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
1) Exceptional analytical skills
2) Adept communication (verbal and written) to align and inspire diverse audiences to initiate appropriate reactions and achieve stakeholder buy in
3) Create and execute compelling road map plan to achieve strategic initiatives
4) Leverage experience and expertise across the campus to create effective outcomes
5) Recognize evolving organizational dynamics and navigate to resolution
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in business, finance, information systems or related field
3) Experience with Epic electronic medical record system
Required Documents 1) Resume 2) Cover Letter 3) Reference information upon request
Note: When applying, all documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV portion of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06011
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.