JOB SUMMARY: Leads and supports system-level activities of a large integrated delivery system. Work product directly impacts information delivered to the Harris Health's Board of Managers and Commissioners Court as well as state and national surveys. The decision support solutions are managed to support advanced healthcare analytics for the enterprise and include an integrated, centralized data repository comprised of patient demographic, clinical and financial data, quality data, calculated cost, profitability and utilization information, and service line information. The position provides system-wide oversight of the key decision support systems as well as related external database platforms. Assures data integration between multiple software applications, databases and IT interfaces. Leads and coordinates clinical decision support, quality reporting and benchmarking initiatives. Involved in the design and development of the Harris Health Business Intelligence (BI) systems. This position works in close collaboration with the counterpart BI Director (IT) supporting many of the same or similar projects and deliverables. Supports and actively participates in system-level Data Management Committee and data governance processes.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or Healthcare Administration. Master's degree in aligned disciplines preferred (MBA, MS, MHA, MPA)
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 8 - 10 years healthcare financial accounting, reimbursement and/or decision support. Understands utilization of data for effective decision making.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 5 + years in healthcare management or consulting role
4. Systems: Allscripts Enterprise Analyst and Decision Support Suite, PeopleSoft, Trendstar (McKesson), EMR/Epic, Clarity, SAP Business Objects (Business Intelligence), Oracle SQL
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing Correspondence/Reports
2. Other Skills:
Analytical Design Mathematics Medical Terms Research Statistical P.C. MS Word MS Excel MS Access MS PowerPoint
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelor's Degree Major: Business, Accounting, Finance, IT or Healthcare Administration
4. Other Requirements: Knowledge of State, Medicare/ Medicaid, and other external regulatory agencies, reimbursement regulations and methodologies. Knowledge of decision sciences, cost accounting, finance, benchmark analysis, productivity reporting and delivery of healthcare services. Demonstrated detailed understanding of data and processing of data. Knowledge of the generally accepted coding standards and technical architectures. Ability to understand clinical and operational needs from a technical and financial perspective. Ability to motivate/lead teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Expert at facilitating group meetings. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills. Ability to analyze, report, and develop recommendations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include presentation skills to upper management. Attention to detail. Problem solving skills. Customer service skills. Proficient in all MS Office applications; demonstrated advanced functionality of Excel and Access.
Internal Number: 147171
About Harris Health System
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.