The position of Systems Analyst for Operations and Reporting requires someone that is a strategic problem solver responsible for the continuous improvement and automation of business functions and activities with system based solutions. The Systems Analyst will also be responsible for translating business requirements into functional, effective and efficient solution designs and deliverables. This position will also require the Analyst to address service requests, both from within and outside of the office, problems and projects associated with various systems but mainly with Peoplesoft.
1. Collaborate with SFS Staff, UMass Lowell IT and UITS central office on system configuration.
2. Build and maintain all SF tuition and fee tables each semester for all students, Graduate, Undergraduate and On-Line and Continuing Studies.
3. Support the Director by developing and writing reports to track metrics on student financial data for trend analysis. Collaborate with Stakeholders to build reports, dashboards and visualizations. Compile multiple years of data submitted in a SFS Benchmarking survey to compare our data with that our peer institutions.
4. Develop student financial reports from the PeopleSoft Student database to assist staff by translating user requests into report specifications, identifying and documenting any data issues, extracting data and producing information specific to requests, validating report output for accuracy and troubleshooting report issues when identified by report user. The Systems Analyst will also be responsible for creating and/or maintaining report documentation.
5. Represent the SFS Office and actively participate, when needed, in the Student Financial Services core team meetings made up of representatives from BDL (Boston, Dartmouth and Lowell) as well as representatives from UITS central office. Participate in meetings, workshops and conferences.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or a related field
5 – 7 years of demonstrated experience working with relational databases and with report-writing software (i.e. SUMMIT, OBIEE – Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau)
Demonstrated ability to write, run and modify Peoplesoft queries using a variety of tables to pull large amounts of data for operational purposes and within strict deadlines
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Access, Visio, and Power Point)
Demonstrated willingness to acquire new skills
Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines in a consistent, timely and professional manner
Demonstrated ability to reprioritize projects on short notice
Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Effective communication, problem solving, collaborative member of the team
Proven ability to work well with non-technical groups
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required. Communications on a regular basis with staff from SFS and other offices as well as external agencies as need
Functional experience with PeopleSoft Student Administration System preferred
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer application software
Experience with CRM, (i.e. Salesforce) and ability to data mine information as requested
Ability to gather information from a wide variety of resources, analyze the information, summarize, and present the information in a useful understandable manner
Ability to document operational procedures, technical specification and requirements
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Internal Number: 502432
About University of Massachusetts Lowell
UMass Lowell is a public university committed to preparing our students for work in the real world? solving real problems and helping real people? by providing an affordable high-quality education.Whether you?re pursuing a career path or still searching for one, UMass Lowell is the ideal place to discover and achieve your purpose. Our campus is bursting with energy? enrollment is up, new academic programs are being launched, and new facilities are being acquired and are under construction. Most importantly, our students are more successful than ever thanks to highly accredited programs, our focus on experiential ?hands-on? learning, and personal attention from our accomplished and committed faculty and staff.