Lead the design and implementation of Azure Analysis Services multi-tenant Embedded Power BI deployment into a proprietary analytics portal for over 100 global clients. Design and inform the scale up and scale out of new analytics services, leveraging custom web applications, API optimizations, and all elements of the modern Microsoft BI platform (Flow, Power Apps, Flow, Power Query, Paginated Reports). Create and champion efficient deployment patterns for dashboard distribution and optimization. Bring your expertise, enthusiasm, and horsepower to guide a leading analytics firm.
Ours is a close-knit, small company atmosphere where you’ll enjoy a high degree of autonomy and work-at-home flexibility. You will be part of a fast-growing team, have exposure to clients, and leverage the most cutting-edge software, from Azure ML, AI, Snowflake, and more.
Applies specialized knowledge to conceptualize, design, develop, unit-test, configure, and implement portions of new or enhanced (upgrades or conversions) business and technical software solutions. Interacts with the Client and project roles (e.g., Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Engineer) as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction. Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components. Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and or technical problems. Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project parameters. Prepares system documentation. Conforms to security and quality standards. Stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies. Though strategic leadership is important, the majority of a person’s time in this role is spent writing and optimizing DAX and doing actual development, not managing people or projects. As such, hands-on experience is most important, and a high degree of autonomy exists in the development process.
· Core team member of a high-performance business analytics and executive performance management team that translates business information into business value to achieve corporate business goals and objectives
· Develop, deploy, manage, and support advanced analytic and business performance management solutions for executive leadership teams
· Document requirements and translate into proper system requirements specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
· Develop visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
· Execute and coordinate requirements management and change management processes.
· Participates as a member of and leads Azure Analysis Services efforts.
· Designs, prepares and executes testing, performance benchmarking, and subsequent deployment of model improvements across multiple models.
· Completes development to implement complex components.
· Designs solutions for others to develop.
· Participates in cross-functional teams.
· Leads design activities and provides mentoring and guidance to developers.
· Demonstrates technical leadership and makes strategic and tactical recommendations to executive team on design and deployment patterns.
· Participates in Product Roadmap conversations, bringing technical expertise to intersect with Innovation requirements.
· Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Azure Analysis Services, SQL Server, Power BI, and Power App development).
· Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
· Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Building business intelligence solutions in a SQL Server environment
· Tabular and Multidimensional SSAS design and development
· Expert level DAX
· Senior level SQL
· Development experience with Snowflake
· Power BI on-Prem and Cloud experience, to include application of security models, RLS
· Leveraging Source Control to document model modifications
· Building and modifying stored procedures, functions, creating tables and views
· SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
· Experience setting up and tuning data gateways
· Experience in SSAS performance profiling to identify optimization opportunities
· Passion for technology specifically related to data, dashboards, reports and analytics
· Strong working knowledge of star and snowflake schema(s)
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to learn new technologies
· Ability to meet tight deadlines
· Must be a team player who loves to code and can thrive on a team that is mostly remote
· Predictive analytics experience is a plus as well as strong understanding of basic Database Administration
· Able to define quality and security standards
· Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
· General project management/team leader skills
· Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors
· Demonstrated technical leadership skills
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience. Qualifies for Bonus and Comprehensive Benefits.
Internal Number: JE1
About TABS Analytics
Founded by Dr. Kurt Jetta in 1998, TABS is a technology-enabled analytics firm servicing the consumer products industry. Our mission is to simplify and improve the way analytics is conducted in the CPG industry, which translates into a competitive advantage for our clients.
TABS is the leading outsourced sales and marketing analytics firm in the CPG industry. We do not farm out production to other countries to save money. Since the beginning, TABS has been using our analytical innovation and expertise to help clients gain a competitive advantage. We provide clients with workable solutions, expert guidance, outstanding service and, most importantly, a positive ROI with our services.