The Business Intelligence Analyst in Analytical Services & Institutional Research (AS&IR) is responsible for analyzing and documenting information needs and use cases, recommending reporting solutions, developing data models, and producing dashboards and reports to support effective data distribution and executive decision making at the University. This position works collaboratively with clients, technical staff, and senior administration to continuously develop and improve the University's reporting resources. In particular, this position will work closely with Admissions and Financial Aid data to create and support predictive models, data analyses, and reports to support enrollment management at the institution.
Please include a cover letter in order to be considered.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a well-rounded portfolio of analytical, technical and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including experience with translating complex problems into successful reports or visual solutions.
- Strong understanding of database concepts. Experience with data warehouses preferred.
- Experience with applied statistical techniques including regression analysis, significance testing, and descriptive statistics, including experience with statistical software (SPSS, R, SAS).
- Demonstrated experience as a report developer in tools such as PowerBI, MicroStrategy, or Tableau.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate the communication between technical and business staff.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints and to adapt to changing conditions or requirements.
- Programming (SQL, Python) or data mining experience welcomed.
- Experience in the field of institutional research or other higher education areas preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to create and maintain documentation of projects and processes.
**A cover letter is required in order to be considered for this position**
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 5942
About Boston University
Boston University is no small operation. With over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 140 countries, 10,000 faculty and staff, 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study, our two campuses are always humming.