The University of Pittsburgh University Library System (ULS) is seeking an enthusiastic and talented key contributor to the growth, development, and enhancement of a large ecosystem of digital repositories for scholarly content. This is a high-level, regular, fulltime software developer position reporting to the Director of Information Technology in the University Library System. At various times the Software Developer will perform in all areas of systems analysis, system design, needs assessment, software development, interface design and development, software support, and resource planning for numerous electronic publishing and library related applications
. The Software Developer will work on data analysis, data import/export processes, and data transformations between disparate systems in support of operational needs and business intelligence decisions. Proficiency with the LAMP stack, Object Oriented PHP, Object Oriented Perl, MySQL (or other relational database systems) required as well as familiarity with C, Java, Python, Apache Web Server, and XML data transformations. B.S. in Computer or Information Science or related field or minimum of 5 years related work experience required.
The incumbent will be responsible for communication with staff, faculty, students, and other stakeholders both within and external to the university. The incumbent must quickly learn new concepts, manage tasks efficiently while meeting deadlines, and possess excellent communication skills. The incumbent must be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
B.S. in Computer or Information Science or related field. A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in system/application development.
• Demonstrated experience in system administration using a LAMP stack (Linux/Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP/PERL) environment.
• Proficiency with Web scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, C, Java, and Python
• Proficiency with SQL, relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL).
• Proficiency with XML and various metadata standards; experience in XML transformations preferred.
• Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Cognos BI, and/or Oracle BI preferred.
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software.