Under minimal supervision is responsible for engaging with business stakeholders, project managers, application analysts, and vendors in the design, build, and maintenance of information management solutions. Under limited supervision, coordinates data and reporting needs between the user community and Managed Care systems. Uses healthcare industry knowledge and data management expertise to document customer's requirements and translate them into data extracts and reports. Also has the responsibility to coordinate with the appropriate technical resources to ensure proper support to the BI (Business Intelligence) infrastructure environment and oversee change management activities. This role is also responsible for supporting the BI tools and the data users that make up the BI community.
The role utilizes strong understanding of statistical modeling to perform data analysis. This role is responsible for supporting the analytics and reporting regarding strategic programs including HEDIS, Medicare Stars, quality of care, and other managed care subject areas.
1. Support HEDIS software development projects within an agile structure.
2. Review data quality reports; Review logs; Troubleshoot issues; Perform QA on results; Identify, investigate, and help to resolve issues.
3. Support the HEDIS/Stars data submission process and Compliance Audits. Assist with preparation of HEDIS Roadmap; Assist with investigation of data issues; Assist with production and QA of specific data deliverables
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree required. Concentration in Information Management, Information Systems, Healthcare Analytics, or equivalent field, preferred.
2. Three years of technical experience in health care systems data structures and the business meaning and use of managed care data required.
3. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree: a. Associate's degree and 6 years relevant experience required b. High school diploma/GED and 9 years relevant experience required.
4. Additionally, experience with managed care products including Medicaid and Medicare, as well as associated business functions for; Claims Processing, Membership Maintenance, Provider Maintenance, Financial Administration, Pharmacy Administration and Care Management is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent technical and data related problem solving skills.
2. Good communication and consultancy skills used to understand and capture business requirements with the ability to work in both a team and individual environments.
3. Knowledge of software development lifecycle with the ability to lead efforts to create new or modify existing data extracts, reports, and applications.
Computers and Technology
1. Microsoft BI toolset using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, etc.
2. Strong SQL query and data interrogation skills required.
3. Sound knowledge of Microsoft office & Tableau is also needed.
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2369
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.